Here are quick-fire basic details about the club.
Where and when do we play?
- Monday evening – We play in Northwood Hills every Monday from 8pm to 10pm.
- Tuesday evening – We play in Northwood Hills every Tuesday from 8.30pm to 10pm.
- Wednesday evening – We play in Northwood and Northwood Hills every Wednesday from 8pm to 10pm.
- Thursday evening – We play in Harefield from 8pm to 10pm
- Friday evening – We play in Stanmore from 8pm to 10pm
- Sunday afternoon – We play in Northwood from 2pm to 4pm.
Please note due to COVID-19 safety restrictions and high demand, there may be changes to the above sessions. You have to pre-register for sessions and also receive a confirmation before you can attend. Please contact the club organisers for more details.
Is there car parking available?
Yes there is plenty of free car parking available on-site. Just come the main car park, which is outside the Main Reception to the School.
What type of shuttlecocks do we use?
We play with nylon shuttlecocks. To learn more about types of shuttlecocks and why, click here.
What is the club like?
We are a friendly, local, social badminton club. We have players of mixed abilities, from beginners to advance. We normally play doubles games, but sometimes time permitting we get a few singles games in to. We are an adult badminton club, so all players have to be over 18+ years old to join and play. Also, see our normal club guidelines.
How much do it cost?
We are a not-for-profit badminton club. All our fees are to cover the cost of court hire and equipment. Our membership options are as follows. (All costs are per person and non-refundable)
- Pay-as-you-go – This is for player who want to come now and then and fees are £9 per session (£7 for Tuesday session)
- Regular Player – This is for player who come every week for which the fees are £55 for 10 sessions, played within 3 months (£45 for 10 Tuesday only sessions, played within 3 months)
Children and Adult training session costs are as follows:
- Pay-as-you-go – £9 per player per session
- Regular player – £70 for 10 sessions (within 3 months)
Note: the higher costs of training sessions is due to lower number of players per sessions taken to keep a lower player-to-coach ratio.
Women’s Only Sessions
First Tuesday of each Month, we run a special women’s only badminton club session. This session is run by women for women. The idea behind this session was brought to us by one of our club members, who wanted to support #ThisGirlCan campaign.
The campaign celebrates active women who are doing their thing no matter how they do it, how they look or even how sweaty they get. The campaign was launched in 2015 and to date has encouraged 4 million people to take up an activity.
Play Badminton Club is happy to support this campaign by running a monthly women’s only badminton sessions.
What the cancellation policy?
A new cancellation policy will be in effect from 1st September 2022. If you cancel within 48 hours of a session’s start time, you will be charged in full for the session regardless of a replacement player being found. In exceptional circumstances, the cancellation charge may be waivered by the club organisers. If you fail to attend a session, which you are confirmed on, without informing us, you will lose the next confirmed session you are on, and be charged for the session you didn’t attend.
How do competitions work and are their extra costs for them?
We have two types of competitions and yes there are additional fees to enter into the competitions, due to cost of covering for extra court books and time as well as small prize for the competition winner.
- Club Competition – This is only open to club members.
- Open Competition – This is open to anyone (club members and non-members).
Are we a Badminton England Affiliated Club
Yes. Play Badminton Club is a Badminton England Affiliated Club (membership no. CL007504). You can learn more about Badminton England on their website. Normal rules of badminton game are followed, click here.